Saturday, May 30, 2020

#DaySixtyEight



I always thought the toughest part of writing my blog would be approval of readers. But now that I am actually doing it, I am realizing the toughestrather the scariest part is thinking of when it ends and how many readers will there be at the end of it all.
-DayZero
The Lockdown Diary


And I am back! Don’t worry; I wasn’t gone due to some health issues, though the things that kept me busy felt nothing less than issues. But here I am, eager to chat it out with you.

The fifth lockdown has been initiated which will mark the fourth month of this extremely testing period, not only for our patience but also determination. The scare I mentioned in my first post, of not knowing when this blog will end, has finally seeped its way to our hearts. Writing such enamoured sentences is one thing, and living them is another; let alone having the whole world suffer through it. The initial surge of positivity—getting to spend time with family, revisiting hobbies, taking the much-needed break—has receded and we are forced to face the gravity of situation at hand. I won’t comment much on what seems to be the largest reverse migration India has seen this century; enough has been said and not done on the matter. Blaming it all on government would be unfair; it already has more than enough on its to-do list and for a change showing some genuine efforts. Students continue to be in limbo, with the education system still unable to trust its candidates with their calibre. Seriously, how unsure parents can be of their children! My joining has been deferred to January 2021, and so I am now forced to look out for things to do till then. Better to not say anything about final year students with no jobs yet.

There’s also the brighter side though. I ain’t no market guru, but even I can tell the market will be a gold mine for those who care enough to look into it. For once, India has a real shot at being the global leader. Hopefully research and healthcare will be given some serious considerations henceforth.

This year has proven itself to be the turning point of this era. Human society, founded on the pillars of trust and co-existence, is now forced to socially distance itself and co-exist with the pandemic. To be a part of generation who will shape up the new world is exciting, if not scary.

That will be all from my side for now. It was good to hear from some of you that you were missing my posts. As a matter of fact, I have been working on something lately, but let’s wait for the right time to talk about it. Do tell me what y’all have been upto all this time; the comments box is always waiting for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment